7 months, 1 week ago libraryKeymaster
Today we are publishing this document outlining our goals for Libra and launching libra.org as a home for the association and all things Libra. It will continue to be updated over the coming months. We are also open- sourcing the code for the Libra Blockchain and launching Libra’s initial testnet for developers to experiment with and build upon.
There is much left to do before the target launch in the first half of 2020.
The Libra Blockchain:
Over the coming months, the association will work with the community to gather feedback on theLibra Blockchain prototype and bring it to a production-ready state. In particular, this work will focus on ensuring the security, performance, and scalability of the protocol and implementation.
- The Libra Association will construct well-documented APIs and libraries to enable users to interact with the Libra Blockchain.
- The Libra Association will create a framework for the collaborative development of the technology behind the Libra Blockchain using the open-source methodology. Procedures will be created for discussing and reviewing changes to the protocol and software that support the blockchain.
- The association will perform extensive testing of the blockchain, which range from tests of the protocol to constructing a full-scale test of the network in collaboration with entities such as wallet services and exchanges to ensure the system is working before launch.
- The association will work to foster the development of the Move language and determine a path for third parties to create smart contracts once language development has stabilized — after the launch of the Libra ecosystem.
Together with the community, the association will research the technological challenges on the path to a permissionless ecosystem so that we can meet the objective to begin the transition within five years of the launch.
- The association will work to establish a geographically distributed and regulated group of global institutional custodians for the reserve.
- The association will establish operational procedures for the reserve to interact with authorized resellers and ensure high-transparency and auditability.
- The association will establish policies and procedures that establish how the association canchange the composition of the reserve basket.
The Libra Association:
- We will work to grow the Libra Association Council to around 100 geographically distributed and diverse members, all serving as the initial validator nodes of the Libra Blockchain.
- The association will develop and adopt a comprehensive charter and set of bylaws for the association on the basis of the currently proposed governance structure.
- We will recruit a Managing Director for the association and work with her/him to continue hiring for the association’s executive team.
- We will identify social impact partners aligned with our joint mission and will work with them to establish a Social Impact Advisory Board and a social impact program.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.